Saturday, November 13, 2010

Improve Everywhere, Ice Cream Truck Orchestra and Princess Hijab

Improve everywhere, a group which causes scenes in various ways in public.  The people involved are randomly picked from the public.  Personally I love the videos that they make of their "missions" lead by specific agents (leaders that organize the missions).  They are extremely funny and creative.  I like how they get such drastic response from the people who are witnessing these missions of the group.  I went to their website and watched many of their videos and these were my favorite ones.

Who You Gonna Call?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKB7zfopiUA


Suicide Jumper
http://improveverywhere.com/2005/12/10/suicide-jumper/

The video we watched on the Ice Cream Truck Orchestra, I thought was fairly annoying and I didn't really consider it art.  It also didn't really involve the public as much as improve everywhere videos did.  Not my favorite videos we have watched in class thus far.

Princess Hijab is a what they call the unknown artist in France who mysteriously goes around painting black veils on metro fashion ads and other ads posters billboards in France.  This has been very controversial because of the governments push on banning all face covering veils in France.  I personally think her art is a huge statement in their society.  I don't think that there should be a ban on veils and feel that its a personal preference.  Her artwork for me expresses he feelings towards not banning veils because she paints them on the faces of famous people in ads.  Here are some of her works that I like.









MIA POWERS

No comments:

Post a Comment